RCE has a powerful vision to serve arm in arm with the ministries of international Christian schools around the world. To this end we have sought to develop an array of services designed to meet the needs of our partner schools and those of our missionaries. The following is a list of our services for schools and missionaries.
Partner School Services
- Recruitment. Again and again we hear that the greatest challenge facing international Christian schools is the recruitment and retention of quality staff. We work jointly with our partner schools to publicize and fill staff vacancies.
- Development Campaign Assistance. RCE can partner with your ministry in fundraising and development campaigns in the US. We have programs to meet your needs with procedures in place to ensure all regulatory agency guidelines and expectations are met.
- Rapid Application Processing. We know you are working on a deadline to place needed staff in the classroom. RCE has established quick and efficient mechanisms designed to process new staff applications as quickly as possible, while seeking to ensure quality personnel.
- Background Checks. We offer full background checks on both potential and new staff at our expense to ensure that the school and their students are protected. We also want to ensure that potential missionaries are appropriate for overseas mission service.
- Partner Visits. RCE makes annual visits to our partner ministries so that we can provide orientation meetings for staff and be available for any issues or questions. We’ve found it’s much better for us to go to them rather than require our missionary staff to come to us.
- Financial Services. RCE has the ability to act as your school’s US “accounting department” in paying US vendors for products and services you may need.
- Accountability. RCE has been an Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) member since 2005. This certification and extra oversight is required by some churches and donors and it certainly helps to demonstrate that RCE handles its finances properly and in a God-honoring way.
Donation and Receipting Related Services
- Giving Options. RCE provides donors with several different methods they can use to give: check, online credit card donations, automatic Electronic Fund Transfers that “pull” the donation from bank accounts, or even giving stock. RCE will continue to open new options for donors as well.
- Rapid Receipting. Timeliness is important, so all receipts for donations are sent to donors within a few days of receiving a gift. The mailing includes a receipt and a tear-off portion with an envelope for their next donation.
- Personalized Thank-You Letters. Since donors love hearing from “their” missionary, RCE provides the opportunity for each missionary to write personalized “thank-you” text on the receipts that go to their donors each month. This is a great way to stay in regular contact with churches and donors, communicating prayer points and ministry updates. Although we don’t encourage use of this in place of regular newsletters, it is another point of contact with donors. It is so much more effective than a generic thank-you note from RCE, which will be provided on receipts if staff choose not to write a personalized receipt note.
- “Committed Donor” Reminders. At times, pledged donors forget to send their donation. As requested by our staff, we send a gentle reminder to all donors who are flagged as “committed donors” in our donor database, but who have forgotten to give in a particular month. This mailing is similar to their regular receipt, but a small note on the return portion indicates what they’ve pledged to give and in what frequency. This is sent within the first week of the month after they have missed a donation. Our staff has found it to be helpful to stay on track with donors.
- Online Account Information. We have an online donation site where staff can view their RCE Ministry Account that includes donations, ministry account balance, full donor information, new donors, lapsed donors, and other information that can be viewed in a variety of ways. This site is updated once per week. Soon this information will be available in a smart-phone-friendly format as well, convenient when “on the go.”
- Retirement. RCE offers a 401k retirement plan that staff can pay into, either pre- or post-income tax. They have full control of these monies in our retirement plan and can direct how funds are invested.
- Health Insurance. Our health insurance plan is very competitively priced with a low deductible and excellent coverage. The plan is underwritten by Lloyds of London and provides global coverage, including when staff are in the US for furlough or for a longer period of time. It provides all the coverage a missionary needs while overseas (i.e., – emergency repatriation), but is not required for staff. However, we do require staff to have similar insurance coverage for their own protection. We don’t want an accident or illness to catch a family unprepared. This could have devastating long-term implications if they are not insured properly.
- Online Resources. Our website has a secure staff-only area where missionaries can access important information and documents for their ministry.
- Account Payables. RCE can handle up to 4 “payables” for a staff member so that their bills get paid when they are on the mission field (i.e., – IRA, student loan, mortgage). We do this prior to cutting their paycheck. This helps free them up from worries of trying to mail personal checks from around the world.
- Quality. If we make a mistake, we want staff members and the school to hold us accountable to the highest quality of service. When we have made a serious error in the past, we have generally refunded the RCE Service Fee to help compensate for the inconvenience or problems caused by our mistake. We are the missionaries’ service provider, and we want to provide the best service possible. When we don’t, they shouldn’t be charged for it.
- Staff Care. We also work on creative ways of providing staff “appreciation gifts” from interest income, credit card “points,” airline miles, or other sources so that we can provide a little bit of encouragement to our team. RCE has employees who have served on the mission field for many years, and we know how appreciation from the “home office” can impact people.
Other ideas? Let us know!
RCE is very open to offering new services and benefits to schools and staff. Nothing is “outside of the box” for us. We regularly send out staff surveys to see how we are doing in meeting expectations and to invite ideas for new benefits or services to make a missionary’s life better while on the mission field. God has called RCE to serve you and we will do all that we can to make your ministry a success.